Bematech LM3000 Control UnitDiscontinued Replaced by: Bematech LS6000 Point of Sale (POS) Computer Terminal
Bematech LM3000 Control Unit
Logic Net® modules can replace costly PC workstations, network hubs and network software. To add more stations, simply increase the number of LS3000 module connected to one LM3000 control modules. No special interface cards or additional hardware is required between the LS3000 I/O stations and a multitude of peripheral devices.
Reliable and Rugged
The LM3000 control module was designed to meet the most demanding requirements of an industrial network. There are no disk drives, fans or mechanical parts that can easily fail. The enclosure is a heavy-duty zinc die cast case for extra ruggedness. Every module uses snap-to-lock connectors for secure connections. The LM3000 communicates with LS3000 I/O stations using communications protocols and topologies with proven reliability. It features high common-mode noise rejection network wiring. The poll/select protocol functionality avoids data collision, and the cyclic redundant checks virtually eliminate all communication errors. A zero single-point-of-failure configuration is also supported. LM3000 connections provide for a redundant data path to prevent network interruption due to a line breakage. The LM3000 has low power consumption that results in low internal temperature rise for higher mean time between failure. In addition, the units are tamper proof, with no on/off or selection switches and no adjustable devices.
The LM3000 has a very compact form factor - only 1.0"h x 6.3"w x 5.1"d. Two mounting brackets enable these modules to be mounted almost anywhere - on a wall, ceiling, table top or under a counter. This enables it to be used in a variety of applications - on a production line, in a restaurant's kitchen system, etc. - despite severe space constraints.
- Reliable and rugged
- Compact 1.0" h x 6.3" w x 5.1" d form factor
- Configurable for zero single-point-of-failure
- LEDs indicate location of network breakage or network station failure
- Controls communications between application software on PC & network stations
- Communicates with PC via either ethernet, USB or RS232 connection
- Drives RS485 multi-drop network of I/O units
- Connects up to 16 LS3000 units, or more with vendor-provided customization
- Distance of up to 4000 ft. between LM3000 and LS3000 stations
- High security
- Simple to install, maintain and upgrade
- Embedded custom functions and firmware upgrades easily added by remote downloading
- Windows-based development tool and demo application available for qualified customers
- Compatible with all operating systems
- Supports international operation