Honeywell 4600r Corded Handheld Area Imager (2D) Barcode ScannerDiscontinued Replaced by: Honeywell Xenon 1900 Corded Handheld Area Imager (2D) Barcode Scanner
Honeywell 4600r Area-Imaging Scanner
The 4600r provides high-performance presentation scanning of linear bar codes, making it ideal for fast-paced POS scanning applications. Its ability to read all 2D bar codes, plus capture digital images, enables new applications that increase productivity—all with one device.
The 4600r’s unique Streaming Presentation™ Mode feature, combined with its omnidirectional reading capability, eliminates the need for operators to stop and hold an item in front of the scanner—simply swipe and go. In addition, the 4600r’s advanced illumination system is optimized for high performance applications that require presentation or pass through scanning and the reading of highly reflective items.
The 4600r also delivers excellent reading performance of PDF417 codes commonly used on drivers’ licenses in the United States and Canada. This performance enables the 4600r to be used for autopopulating electronic forms (e-forms), used for credit card applications, extended warranties, and returned goods processes. Verification of personal identification enables age validation on restricted goods.
In addition to high performance linear and 2D bar code reading, you’ll discover a whole new level of versatility not possible with traditional, single-function, hardware solutions. Powered by Adaptus Imaging Technology 5.0, the 4600r takes digital pictures—allowing the user to electronically capture, store, and retrieve signatures, pharmacy prescriptions, and forms of personal identification.
With best-in-class linear and 2D bar code reading, the versatility of image capture, and an extensive set of software tools to extend its functionality, the 4600r protects your investment against changing requirements and enables you to capture and manage more data with one easy-to-use solution.
- High Performance and Versatility for the POS: Adaptus Imaging Technology 5.0 provides aggressive, omnidirectional reading of all linear and 2D bar codes, plus digital image capture enabling the collection and managment of more data with a single device
- Streaming Presentation™ Mode: The scanner is always on and ready to scan—making presentation and pass through reading easy and intuitive
- Advanced Illumination Technology: Enhances performance and ease of use by delivering snappier scanning and minimizing reading difficulty from reflective, wrapped and laminated items
- Host Download Capability: Enables the download of configuration changes or new application software directly from the host system to each scanner
- Robust Image Processing Software: Advanced onboard software enables digital images to be cropped, enhanced, rotated and compressed, ensuring their usability
- Presentation Stand Options:
- 4600r with Flex-Neck Stand and Integrated Sensor: Automatically puts the scanner in presentation mode when in the stand and in trigger mode when scanner is removed
- 4600rp Presentation Scanner: Provides a stable, adjustable base for presentation scanning while also enabling the scanner to be picked-up for trigger use
- Ease of Connectivity: All popular interfaces are on board —Visual Express™ software enables easy integration with Unified POS (UPOS) standard and Windows® Embedded for Point of Service (WEPOS) systems