Honeywell MX3X Rugged Handheld Mobile ComputerDiscontinued Replaced by: Honeywell MX3Plus Mobile Computer
Honeywell MX3X Rugged Handheld Computer
Power Packed Unit with Flexible Features
The MX3X is equipped with a powerful Intel® XScale® processor, and runs the industry standard, Windows® CE .NET or Windows CE 5.0 Professional OS.With CE you gain access to Microsoft's .NET Compact Framework; loaded with smart management tools allowing you to personalize your computing experience.
The MX3X ships voice ready with ToughTalk technology, a specialized combination of Honeywell's trademark rugged system design, advanced audio circuitry and noise canceling techniques - for industrial-grade, voice logistics applications.
Rugged and Reliable By Design
The MX3X is a fully rugged computer able to thrive in the most demanding operating conditions.You can drop it, hose it down, freeze it and still expect years of reliable service from this versatile compact computer.
And the MX3X is supported by Honeywell’s award winning support team,winners of the Mobile Star AwardTM for best customer service five years in a row.
High performance 802.11b/g radio for mobile connectivity to your enterprise network.
Customize the unit with multiple endcap options including a bar code scanner.
Improve productivity with full-shift Li-Ion battery.
Polycarbonate/ABS plastics - absorbs impact vs. shattering on impact.
Ten dedicated function keys allow for one touch application functionality.
Compatible with RFTerm® emulation, JAVA, & Citrix.
Voice ready with ToughTalkTM technology for your voicedirected logistics applications.
Large 6.5" high visibility mono or color display with touch screen for crystal-clear viewing.
Fully-rugged, epoxycoated, glowing QWERTY keypad with programmable keys makes data entry a breeze.
With an easy in/out docking system, the MX3X conveniently transforms between handheld & vehicle-mount usage.
- Processing & Memory
- Intel® XScale® PXA255 400MHz CPU
- 64MB or 128MB Flash
- 64MB or 128MB RAM
- Windows® CE .NET 4.2 w/Compact Framework
- Windows® CE 5.0 Professional w/Compact Framework
- AppLock® utility controls user application access & unwanted configuration changes
- Barcode wedge, RF, power mgmt & diagnostic utilities
- API's for scanner, PCMCIA, serial, battery, power management, and version control
- Optional Software
- RFTerm® Windows CE® Terminal Emulations (VT220, TN5250, TN3270) multisession, multi-host hot-key support, with programmable function keys
- Unique keyboard overlays to match each emulation type
- VoxBrowserTM for voice recognition
- Wavelink AvalancheTM and Honeywell eXpress Config compatible
- Personal JAVA 1.2 JVM
- 63 Key QWERTY format with (2) large user mappable scan keys
- 10 single touch function keys
- Phosphorescent "glowing" keys
- Epoxy coated for resistance to abrasions & chemicals
- Displays & Touch Screen
- 640 x 240 1/2 VGA LCD
- 6.5" diagonal
- Fully adjustable contrast & brightness
- Resistive touch screen with anti-glare coating & tethered stylus
- Transmissive (Indoor) hi-bright color with double tube CCFL backlight
- Transflective (In/Outdoor) sunlight readable monochrome w/hi-bright EL bklt
- Power Supply & Management
- 10.8V, 1800mAh Li-Ion battery pack
- 8+ hour battery life with typical usage
- Battery charge time (typical) 5-unit charger: 4 hours Cradle: 6.5 hours
- Backup battery with automatic charging
- Power jack for external power
- Fully configurable active power management
- (2) RS-232 port (D9) with configurable power for external devices
- (1) USB host port (D9)
- (1) USB client port (D9)
- Integrated bar code scanner
- Infrared (IR) communications port
- Beeper with adjustable volume control
- 2.5mm audio/microphone jack
- Bluetooth (future)
- (1) PCMCIA V.2.1 slot Type I, II, III
- (1) Compact Flash Slot Type I or II
- Radio Card Support - PCMCIA
- 2.4GHz 802.11b/g radio
- Optimized internal diversity antenna
- WPA or WPA2 security
- Cisco® CCXv3 certified
- High impact polycarbonate/ABS plastic
- Available in yellow and black
- Size: 8 in. x 6 in. x 1.35 in. (203mm x 152mm x 34mm)
- Weight: Monochrome 33.2 oz. (941g) including radio, battery, & scanner Color 34.5 oz. (979g) including radio, battery, & scanner
- Operating temperature range Monochrome
- -4°F to 122°F (-20°C to 50°C)
- 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
- Storage temperature range Monochrome
- -22°F to 158°F (-30°C to 70°C)
- -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Humidity (operating)
- 5% to 90% RH non-condensing at 104°F (40°C)
- Drop spec: 4-ft multiple drops to concrete
- Dust & water protection enclosure rating IEC 60529 compliant to IP66
- Shock & vibration testing exceeds MIL STD 810F
- Operating temperature range Monochrome
- Emissions (EMI)
- FCC Part 15 Subpart B, Class A
- Industry Canada ICES-003 Class A
- EN 55022:1998, Class A
- Immunity (EMC) EN 55024:1998
- Safety UL 1950, CSA 22.2 No. 950, EN 60950 IEC 950
- Laser Safety CDRH:21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11, EN 60825-1 and IEC 825-1
- Radios separately approved to FCC Part 15 Subpart C
- Industry Canada RSS 102, RSS 139 and/or 210
- R&TTE Directive: ETS 300 328, ETS 300 826, EN 60950
- RoHS compliant version available
- End Cap Options
- (2) RS-232 ports
- (1) RS-232 port w/integrated bar code scanner
- (1) USB host port and (1) RS-232 port
- (1) USB client port and (1) RS-232 port
- (1) USB client port w/integrated bar code scanner
- (1) USB host port and (1) USB client port
- 5-unit battery charger
- Vehicle cradle with power supply
- Voice headset and carry cases
- Power adapters
- Nylon cases and holsters
- Memory cards
- Desktop cradle
- Data cables