Zebra DC400 RFID PortalDiscontinued Replaced by:
Zebra DC400 RFID Portable
Turnkey High Performance for Dock Door Visibility
Increase Inventory Visibility in Industrial Facilities
The DC400 from Zebra Technologies delivers a high-performance RFID turnkey solution for premium inventory visibility of assets entering or leaving designated read zones within warehouses, distribution centers, cross dock locations and a variety of other applications. With the DC400, you can automatically identify and track inventory in motion on pallets, bundles of assets on skids or cases using radio frequency identification (RFID) technology.
The industrialized DC400 is ideal for placement at entrance and exit portals such as office doors, industrial dock doors, security gates or custom-designed portals on conveyor manufacturing lines. The system includes both multi-protocol RFID readers and high-performance antennas for fast, accurate reading of RFID tags. Designed from the start with ease of deployment in mind and built from point products, the DC400 portal solution expands the benefits of mobility – increased productivity, enhanced inventory visibility and real-time information access – to every asset that passes through the dock doors or portals.
Superior Asset Tracking for Every Facility
Within the DC400 system, an RFID reader directly connected to the local area network detects and processes signals from RFID tagged-assets. When assets pass through designated read zones, the RFID reader communicates the asset information to the system server, which is then communicated in real time to inventory and/or warehouse management systems (WMS). The DC400 leverages RFID’s expanded information capability to capture details such as location, time and asset identity or number.
Seamless Networking Integration and Remote Management
The DC400 delivers a mature and intuitive application programming interface (API) with advanced networking options that include Ethernet and serial interfaces, SNMP and remote management. Its plug-and-play network interface ensures seamless integration and flexible connectivity to the enterprise.
Supports Single- or Dual-Dock Door Coverage
The DC400 is deployed with two or (optionally) four antennas to maximize installation flexibility. In typical scenarios, a DC400 with 4 antennas is installed between each door in a row of dock doors with a 2-antenna version installed at each end. It is built to sustain minor, non-direct pallet impacts and offers bolted installation to make the DC400 ideal for industrial and manufacturing environments, distribution centers, retail stores with backroom receiving areas and backroom-to-floor doorways, cargo and unloading areas and cross-dock locations.
Services for a More Successful Mobility Solution
Zebra offers a full suite of services, including complete analysis, design, installation, training and ongoing support for the seamless deployment, management and continued support of your RFID solution.
- Dual-Sided RFID Coverage
- Optimized for installation between dock doors with no cables crossing the dock door entry
- Multi-Protocol AR400 RFID Reader
- Supports all EPC™- compliant RFID tags
- High-Performance Antennas
- Ensures wide area, rapid communications between tags and readers
- Range-Adjustable Motion Sensor
- Increases energy efficiency via selective activation
- Offers pre-packaged system configuration for speedy deployments to reduce labor costs
- Visual and Audible Indicators
- Provides intuitive status and disposition for floor workers
- Industrialized Package For Normal Exposure and Shock
- Delivers increased durability to withstand tough conditions
- IP54 Certification For Dust and Water Resistance
- Ensures improved uptime in harsh, industrial environments
- Adjustable Service Rack
- Provides easier access to reader for repair